Infovox iVox provides Mac OS X users with the best voices ever on the Mac. You won't believe your ears hearing these
naturally-sounding voices, available in many different languages. What is more, they can be used in any Mac OS X application that uses speech.
Including applications such as TextEdit, Preview, Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Word (using its Speech toolbar), AppleScript, Proloquo, KeyStrokes,
SwitchXS, VisioVoice and AppleWorks, as well as many educational titles such as ConvenienceWare GhostReader, TextHelp's Read and Write Gold for
Mac (version 2.1.0 and higher) and Kurzweil 3000 for Macintosh (Versions 3.0.4 and 4.0 and higher). Infovox iVox is also available in an
attractively priced bundle with GhostReader to combine the benefits of system-wide voices, with the coolest speech application on the Mac.
You can also use Infovox iVox with Mac OS X built-in speech and accessibility features. Including the Mac OS X built-in VoiceOver screen
reader. Non-English users now have the possibility to hear all the VoiceOver menus and messages in their own language by using the Infovox
iVox voices for their own language.
Infovox iVox was developed by the Acapela Group, the European leader in speech technologies, and is distributed worldwide by AssistiveWare.
Infovox iVox is a Universal Binary and can be used on PowerPC and Intel Macs.
Infovox iVox includes all voices available for a language of choice. The following languages are available on Mac OS X 10.3.9 and later:
American English, British English, American Spanish, Canadian French, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Flemish, Spanish, Portuguese,
Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish. The following languages require Mac OS X 10.5 and later: Turkish, Icelandic,
Czech, Greek, Russian and Polish. For most languages, male and female voices are available (certain languages include multiple male and/or
female voices). American English even includes two child voices. All non-American English languages include one American English female voice
as a bonus. If you want to have multiple languages, you can buy Infovox iVox plus one or more language packs.
A fully functional 30 day demo for your language of choice is available for download. You can also watch the Infovox iVox introductory video
We offer single user and household licenses as well as attractively priced multi-seat licenses and educational publishing, classroom and
school licenses. See which license is right for you.
A world of possibilities
- Listen to the text you are writing in your own language with, for example, TextEdit or Proloquo.
- Listen to PDF documents through the text-to-speech features in Acrobat Reader, Preview, GhostReader or VisioVoice with the best voices ever on the Mac.
- Convert text to audio files and even directly to iTunes with a wonderful clarity and intonation using GhostReader, Proloquo or VisioVoice. (Note that the license only permits distribution of audio files if the content is personal and the files are not broadcast or distributed for commercial purposes.)
- Use Infovox iVox clear and reliable voices with VoiceOver, the Mac OS X built-in screen reader. Non-English users now have the possibility to hear all the VoiceOver menus and messages in their own language by using Infovox iVox.
- Use the naturally-sounding voices with Mac OS X built-in speech features.
- Combine the best voices on the Mac with accessibility software, including AssistiveWare's Proloquo, KeyStrokes, SwitchXS.
- Let your children learn to read and write better in their own or foreign languages by using Infovox iVox with educational software such as ConvenienceWare GhostReader, TextHelp's Read and Write Gold for Mac (version 2.1.0 and higher) and Kurzweil 3000 for Macintosh (Versions 3.0.4 and 4.0 and higher).
- Use with any Apple Speech Manager compliant Mac OS X software, including AppleScript.
- In other words, enjoy your Mac more than ever by listening to Acapela's golden tones in your own language !